Artist

Nasty C snubs SA Hip-Hop Awards

on

Hell No hit maker and rapper Nasty C, has decided to boycott the annual SA Hip-Hop Awards, as he believes the organisation did not “properly acknowledge” his success.

Nasty’s boycott follows in the footsteps of K.O who caused a stir by taking a stand against the awards three years ago.

This year’s SA Hip-Hop Awards nominees were announced in Johannesburg on Monday, with Nasty C and Emtee being the notable absentees from the list.

Speaking to TshisaLIVE, Mabala Noise spokesperson Sikhulile Nzuza explained that after  meeting with the rapper, they decided to not submit his music for consideration at this year’s awards.

“We meet with all our artists before we submit their music. We spoke with Nasty C to ask him which of the categories he would feel comfortable submitting in and he told us that he would not like to participate in the awards at all. He felt that he had a massive year last year but he was not recognised for his achievements by the awards and he does not want that again. It was a peak year for him and for him to not be recognised concerned him,”  Sikhulile said.

Recommended for you

Leave a Reply